2009-05-19

GP2X Wiz

I discovered GP2X Wiz about year ago.. From that moment I wanted it.
I ordered it at www.play-asia.com in april, order was shipped on may 13th, on 18th of may it was here in Ukraine.

Here it is:
EMS Speedpost parcel Play-Asia.com box

I ordered console itself, screen protector film, accessories set, and a leather case. In a box I also found some candies and a $5 discount coupon.

Play-Asia.com parcel

GP2X Wiz box GP2X Wiz box contents
GP2X Wiz console GP2X Wiz console

Genuine leather case for Wiz has disappointed me a bit because it has plastic sides attached to it. I was afraid to take console out of this case - these plastic sides looks like they are going to left a lot of scratches on my Wiz. I don't know if I would make use of it.

Wiz genuine leather case GP2X Wiz inside of its genuine leather case
GP2X Wiz inside of its genuine leather case

USB-cable, accessories, Wiz and a CD with user manual in different languages:
GP2X Wiz USB-cableGP2X Wiz accessories set
GP2X Wiz and its accessories GP2X Wiz CD

At www.gp2x.de I found NES and SEGA emulators already ported to Wiz. Picodrive Sega emulator works perfect, but GPFCE (NES emulator) fails to shutdown properly and only way to launch something different is to restart Wiz.

Hope all major emulators will be ported to Wiz (especially I want Spectrum:)) in near future. And I've got another reason to finally learn C++ and SDL

And some candies!
Play-Asia.com candies

6 comments:

  1. клево, а мой не приехал еще. жду через неделю.
    расскажи про качество эмуляции - интересует SNES в первую очередь.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NES - в целом эмуляция без проблем, пока что не работает stretching, но думаю в скором времени это исправят. И выходить из эмулятора приходится перезагрузкой )
    SNES - сегодня установил, тут пока есть проблемы. В пакете два бинарника, какие-то разные версии, одна работает, эмулирует отлично, но опять же, сырость - проблемы в меню, работает только с одной частотой дискретизации звука.
    Genesis (PicoDrive) - тут вообще никаких проблем, и растягивает хорошо, и сохраниния работают - все отлично.
    Единственное чего пока не хватает - эмулятора спектрума.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Да, я его тоже жду как манны небесной.
    А конфетки - это подарок или ты заказывал?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Конфеты - подарок. Со SNES'ом вообщем-то разобрался, вполне играбельно.

    ReplyDelete
  5. а SDHC поддерживает флешки?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Да, конечно, у меня 8 гигабайт работает без проблем

    ReplyDelete